Snow Report

Base New Snow. 7 days
180 cm
0 cm
55 cm

Current Weather

Powder Alerts

Receive an email or text message every time we receive 10+ cm of new snow within 24hrs. Messages are sent in the morning at 5am.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Wedding FAQ’s

Wedding FAQ’s

Click the topics below to see frequently asked wedding questions. If you have any further questions that aren’t addressed here, fill out the form and we would be happy to follow up with you.

Park Information
  • Where is Manning Park?

Manning Park Resort is in the heart of the Cascade Mountains, in E.C. Manning Provincial Park. It is located 68 km east of Hope and 68 km west of Princeton.

  • How far away is it from the closest towns?

We are located 45 minutes east of Hope and 45 minutes west of Princeton.

  • Where is the nearest gas station?

The East Gate Esso is located 15 minutes east of Manning Park Resort. The East Gate gas station sells limited groceries, alcohol and other amenities.

  • Is there any cell reception?

There is no cellphone reception anywhere in Manning Park.

  • Do we have WIFI available?

WIFI is available only in the lodge building. Guests have 15 minutes of free WIFI per device per day, if they require additional time a 24-hour pass can be purchased for $3.00.

  • Are there campgrounds around the Resort?

Yes, Manning Park has 4 provincial campgrounds that are open during the summer months and one year round group campground. You can reserve sites by visiting Discover Camping . You cannot reserve sites through Manning Park Resort.

  • Do we need a special permit to get married anywhere in the park?

A “Park Use Permit” is required for activities within BC Provincial Parks. We look after this for you, and it is included in your wedding package.

General Questions
  • When can I get married at Manning Park Resort?

Manning Park Resort is a four-season destination; you are able to get married all year round. Some areas in the winter months are not accessible by vehicle.

  • Do I need to supply my own marriage licence?

Yes, the bride and groom are responsible for applying for their own marriage license. You must arrange with your pastor, commissionaire or officiant, all paper work required for a legal ceremony, prior to your arrival.

  • Does Manning Park Resort have its own décor?

Yes, as an extra to our wedding package, we offer a rustic décor that consists of wood rounds, pinewood candle holders and candles, wood stumps, wooden arbor, white linens and chair covers, an assortment of vintage vases and vintage lights. We do not supply fresh flowers.

  • Can I bring my own décor?

Yes, you can bring your own décor. There will be a meeting prior to your event with the Banquet Captain to discuss the set-up and obligations of the Resort.

  • Does Manning Park Resort offer a cocktail hour and midnight snacks?

Yes, Manning Park Resort offers an array of midnight snacks that are listed on our website. We also offer a cocktail hour service prior to the reception.

  • Does Manning Park offer outside wedding receptions?

Yes, we have an outdoor area by our cabins and Windy Joe’s Hall that offers a 35’ x 40’ Marquee Tent with a 20’ x 20’ extension and dance floor. We also have a movable 15’ x 15’ Marquee tent that is available to rent.

  • Does Manning Park Resort have a large Great Room?

Manning Park Resort has just built an outstanding indoor space that is attached to our Pinewoods Restaurant. The new Alpine Room is built with beautiful log formations, massive windows to allow natural light to come through and space for up to 200 people.

  • Do you have a preferred vendors list?

Yes, we have vendors listed on our website for photographers, florists and DJs. You can also inquire directly to the Group Sales & Guest Services Manager.

  • Is there a shuttle service available for my guests to and from the ceremony and reception?

Yes, Manning Park Resort offers two shuttle buses that can transport up to 60 guests in a return trip, as well as a 14-passenger shuttle bus for the bridal party. We shuttle to and from the ceremony and reception for a charge, as well as offer an hourly rate for a shuttle to take wedding photos.

  • What happens if we require First Aid?

We have certified First Aid staff on site at the Resort. If someone requires more advanced First Aid, the Hope Hospital is 45 minutes west of the Resort.

Food and Alcohol
  • I have never eaten at Manning Park Resort, what is the food like?

Manning Park Resort offers a wide range of food options for all palettes. We try to showcase our beautiful, unique location with fresh, local ingredients and British Columbian products, whether it’s a quick lunch at the day lodge cafeteria, a light appetizer in the cozy Bear’s Den Pub, dinner in the Pinewoods Dining Room or the Big Cat Bistro offering a variety of sweet treats, sandwiches, wraps and gourmet coffee.

  • Do you cater for allergies / intolerances?

Absolutely. At the Pinewoods Dining Room, we can offer various dietary selections and can give options for a wide range of intolerances covering gluten-free, lactose intolerance, vegan and many other allergies and intolerances. If you have any known allergies or intolerances in your wedding group, please let us know in advance.

  • Does Manning Park Resort have a liquor licence or will I need to obtain my own?

We have it covered. All of Manning Park Resort’s 6 function/banquet rooms are fully licensed as well as the Daylodge, Pinewoods Dining Room and the Bear’s Den Pub.

Last call is at 12:30 am and everyone must be finished up by 1:00 am under our liquor license.

  • Can I bring my own alcohol?

Alcohol is not permitted in our existing licensed areas of the Resort. Alcohol is permitted around the cabins, chalets and in lodge rooms. The Last Resort is a separate building that is on private property across from the Resort and can sleep up to 50 guests. Alcohol is permitted at the Last Resort. During your wedding reception we offer a cash bar for your guests.

  • Can we drink alcohol in park locations?

No, it is against BC Park rules to have open liquor in a public place; this includes all areas with the exception of your licensed event, and your accommodations.

  • Where can I purchase alcohol?

Alcohol for personal consumption outside of Manning Park Resort’s licensed areas can be purchased at our Country Store. You may bring your own wine to drink in our licensed establishments for a $15 corkage fee, provided the wine is purchased through a BC government liquor store or a government-approved winery. Any form of homebrew or wine from an unlicensed vendor may not be consumed in any of Manning Park Resort’s licensed areas.

  • Can I bring my own wine for my wedding?

Yes, you can bring your own wine as long as it is from the BCL and/or licensed winery. We do charge a corkage fee of $15 per bottle. We return any bottles that have not been opened.

  • Our guests will be requiring accommodation; how do they go about that?

After a date has been decided on, Manning Park Resort will discuss your accommodation preferences with you. We offer cabin, chalets and lodge rooms and you decide what best suits your guests. Accommodations are held for up to 6 weeks prior to your event and then any extras are released to the public.

  • How many people fit in your cabins and chalets?

It varies from 8-14 people. Please refer to our website and follow link to Accommodations for the specific information listed.

  • Can my guests use the pool and hot tubs?

Your guests have access to all of our facilities during their stay at the Resort.

Ceremony Options

What are my wedding ceremony options?

  • Lightning Lake
    • Location – 4.5 km from the Lodge along Gibson Pass Road towards the Ski Hill
    • Parking – Guests can park at the Lightning Lakes Day Use Area
    • Maximum wedding guest capacity – 200 people
    • Available year-round
  • Cascade Lookout
    • Location – Located across the highway from the Lodge, the Cascade Lookout is located 8 km from the main Lodge
    • Parking – very limited parking (recommend shuttle services)
    • Capacity – 150 people
    • Available typically from July-October, weather dependent.
  • Twin-Tow – Ski Hill
    • Location – 10 km from the main lodge along Gibson Pass road, the Twin Tow is located at the Ski Hill
    • Parking – Guests can park in the Ski Hill parking lot.
    • Capacity – 200 people
    • Available typically from April to December (not available during ski hill operations)
  • Corral and Barn
    • Location – Behind the lodge at the horse corral
    • Parking – limited parking
    • Capacity – 75 people
    • Year-round
  • Strawberry Flats Warming Hut
    • Location – Strawberry Flats 8 km from the Lodge
    • Parking – limited parking
    • Capacity – 50 people
    • Year-round
  • Will I have this area exclusively?

Being in a Provincial Park, we do not have the ability to prohibit anyone from being in the area, but we do cordon off the area.

  • What happens if it is raining?

Wedding groups must have an alternative plan regarding weather and the decision of where to have the event must be made by the night previous to the wedding in order to give us ample time to prepare.

We do have “Plan B’s”, from a ceremony under our Marquee Tent, The Cascade Banquet Room or the new beautiful space in the Alpine Room.

Reception Options

What are my wedding reception options?

  • The Alpine Room
    • Location – Pinewoods Building
    • Capacity – 180 Round Tables / 200 Long Tables
  • Windy Joe’s & Marquee Tent
    • Location – By cabins and chalets on the west side of lodge
    • Capacity – 130 people
  • Cascade Banquet Room
    • Location – Pinewoods Building
    • Capacity – 80 people
Contact Us

Have a question or comment? Send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.