- During the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics, when all local hill venues were desperately low on snowfall and snow machines couldn’t make enough, snow was trucked from Manning Park.
- Manning was among the only ski hills that was open the entire 2014/15 winter, with a base of more than a meter of snow for the majority of the season.
- We recently doubled our grooming fleet with the purchase of 2 new groomers. Better grooming more often.
- We recently doubled our cross country trail system to 64kms.
Our Nordic Centre is opening November 21, 2015!
At Manning Park, Nordic skiers are free to explore over 60km of classic and skate ski groomed trails, and 160km of backcountry trails. This is cross-country skiing at its finest—in forests and valleys, with a scenic mountain backdrop.
Get your Nordic skiing trail passes at Manning Park. Use of groomed trails requires a trail pass, which must be visible at all times. Backcountry trails do not require a ticket.
Your pass includes one complimentary lift at the Alpine ski area T-bar (Fri-Sun, & Holidays), so you can brave the ride and access the Alpine Day Lodge if you are feeling adventurous.
The Nordic Centre will be open for trail passes and rentals on Saturday, November 21st and Sunday November 22nd from 8:30am-4:30pm. Skate and classic cross-country gear, as well as snowshoes will be available. Lessons will not be available this weekend, but bookings will be accepted for the following weekend.
The Nordic area will be groomed and track-set from the Campground Loop up to the Ski hill for this weekend, and potentially down to the Lodge, depending on conditions. The skating rink will not be open yet.
*Please note: Trail signage will not be in place yet, so please check in at the Nordic centre for your trail map and up-to-date info.*
- Friday – Saturday and Holidays: 8:30am – 6:30pm
- Sunday – Thursday: 8:30am – 4:30pm
- Use of groomed trails requires a ticket – Tickets must be visible at all times on the trail. Backcountry trails do not require a ticket.
- Please do not walk or snowshoe on groomed trails – See Nordic Staff for information on designated snowshoe and walking trails.
- If travel is absolutely necessary on the trails please walk to the extreme right or left of the track, and not down the centre.
- Dogs are not permitted on groomed ski trails – The only exception to this rule is Beaver Pond Multi-Use Trail. Pets are permitted on snowshoe and backcountry trails. Please ensure that dogs are leashed at all times.
Winter 2015 -2016 rates.
*Child Tickets must be picked up at Nordic Centre. Rates are plus applicable taxes.